RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Horseplay and unruly behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated at any time in the lab.
- Machines, tools and equipment must be used in the correct manner and never misused.
- Machines, equipment and associated areas must be cleaned correctly after use.
- Any problems or breakages/damage encountered with equipment must be reported immediately to the technician in charge or directly to the Lab manager.
- Always wear the correct protective equipment for the tools you are using. If in doubt ask.
- Always ask if you are unsure how to use tools safely.
- Keep your work area tidy and make sure your work piece is fixed securely before work commences.
- Always keep clear of any person operating tools and machinery.
- Tools of any kind are NOT to be removed from the workshop without permission.
- Take care when walking past other students using tools as you may bump them or get tangled in the lead. This could lead to a serious injury to you or the operator of that tool.
- Never work alone at the workshop, work at least in pairs.
- Know where the main switch is. This stops processes immediately should anything go wrong with the equipment.
- Do not tamper with or attempt to repair equipment or instruments which you do not understand.
- Defective tools are dangerous, do NOT use them. In fact never use a tool except for its proper purpose.